Google recently announced changes to insight reporting within a user’s Google My Business listing. Now you will be able to access more key metrics within your Google My Business profile.
Google indicates that users will be able to gauge interactions so you can see how often people contacted you. They also plan to add more metrics/data over the next few months and will include detailed reports about searches and the number of people who saw your Google My Business profile.
After metrics are added to Performance reporting, the older versions of those metrics will eventually be removed from the Google My Business web and app platforms.
Performance reporting is currently available on Search and will soon be available on Maps.
Data will be available for up to 6 months. You’ll be able to review your performance by selecting custom time frames, with interaction metrics updated daily and other metrics updated monthly.
Google went on to state:
“To review the new metrics from your Business Profile, go to Performance reporting:
- Make sure you’re signed in with the account you used to sign up for Google My Business.
- To find your Business Profile, search on Google for your exact business name.
- If needed, select View profile to manage your Business Profile.
- Select Promote Performance.
- At the top of the page, select a date range for your report and click Apply.
If you have a single business, you can download insights at https://business.google.com/locations. If you manage multiple Business Profiles, follow the steps to access Insights in bulk.”